Sunday, March 17, 2013

Zucchini is disgusting. Period.

Hello internet world! Ok, fine. Hello Tanya, my only reader.
I must be accountable for last week's food challenge in which the ingredient was zucchini. Let me tell you how that went.
I have had zucchini several times in my life, prepared all different ways, BUT it had been several years since then and Jon hadn't ever really eaten it so I decided it qualified. I want to like it, it seems like everyone in my family grows it all Summer and ends up with way too much and then they can't give it away, and so since I know I'd have a bunch of sources of it all Summer now was a good time to give it another try, so I did.
I made a pesto dish, because quite frankly... I freaking LOVE LOVE LOVE pesto and I didn't think there was anything this creamy green deliciousness couldn't turn into a scrumpdiddlyumptious dish. And then in came zucchini. The texture kind of made me want to puke. I hated it. It was awful. I found myself scraping the pesto sauce off of it and eating just that. Jon liked the Zucchini, though.
So, I only made one zucchini dish this week. The challenge was to make two, but to be honest... I still dub it a success because I'm not sure there's anything that can be done to this food to make it taste good to me. There wasn't a flavor profile issue. (again pesto= crack) there was just something about it that made my taste buds want to die. I'm not making it again. Ever.
I think this week's ingredient is going to be butternut squash. I'm having a hard time keeping up with making new things because if I don't like them, then Jon ends up with a TON of left overs for lunches, and that's no fun. I hate wasting food. Jon is a garbage disposal and will eat anything. Seriously. Anything. Me..... not so much.
I feel like this is turning into a food blog. It's not supposed to be a food blog!I should start posting about dogs again. Or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment