Friday, March 8, 2013

WOAH, where's my hair?!

Every now and then I get ideas, and occasionally they are good ideas.
Actually, who am I kidding? My ideas are always awesome. Except that one time.
Anyway, so I'm like... sooooo close to my 100lb loss mark I can taste it. (much to my dismay, it doesn't taste like cheesecake.) I thought I deserved a little treat for myself. (nope, still not cheesecake.) For the four years I was fat, I quite frankly stopped caring about little things like... what I looked like. I'm really honestly not sure how I was lucky enough to snag Jon at my worst. Must have been my undeniable charm. Anyway, point is... while I'm still the ME I always have been, I care about those things again. Not to the point I'm completely vein, but you know... I shower and stuff. (that was a joke. I always showered.)
So, what was this non-cheesecakey treat for myself? A haircut.
Now, this may not sound like a big deal, and perhaps it's not for most people, but I've never actually been to a fancy schmancy salon before in my life, ever, and I don't think I've had a haircut that wasn't done in a kitchen (or back yard) for like... gosh... 10 years? Just about. And my hair was being all... well, hairy... and I was just ready for a change. SOOO... I hacked it all off. Well, technically I didn't do it, Becka at Aura Hair Salon in SLC did... and I AM SO HAPPY. The length she suggested wasn't a length I would have gone, but obviously I know nothing about hair or I wouldn't have had such a frizzy mess to begin with.


My first look at it was like... WOAH, where's my hair... (psst, Mom and Tanya, I know exactly how you read that line.) but you know, I like it. That's right, I LIKE MY HAIR. For the first time in 23 years, I like my hair. Not only that, but I learned how to take care of it better. Apparently this junk has been growing out of my scalp for my entire life and I'm just NOW learning what the heck to do with it. Oh well, better late than ever. 
Now I'm gonna go sleep on my face because I'm afraid I won't be able to ever get my hair to look like this again, and heaven forbid I smash it...


The end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment