Wednesday, March 6, 2013

To do list: Place 20 Puppies in homes (CHECK!) Next up: sell the house.

We made it through another successful round of Great Dane puppies. Well, technically two rounds.
All twenty puppies found great homes, and I will be sending the last puppy off to Chicago on Friday morning. I'm so blessed with how many amazing people my Danes have brought into my life.
Zailey will also be spayed and retired in April. It's so tough to make that call, but three runts in two litters, all with over bites, and out of different sires, I just feel like it's the right thing to do. Such a shame too because she's the most amazing mother ever. Seriously.
I have no litters planned until mid-late 2014, and so many things that need to happen between now and then!

In other Dane news, Timber's biopsy results came back and she does NOT have cancer. Her leg ("wrist"?) is just very swollen, and there's some infection in there... but IT'S NOT CANCER. I am so relieved. That was seriously the longest two week wait of my life. I was so worried about my pretty girl. A culture on the infection, the right antibiotics, and we will knock this thing out of the park. The whole waiting period really was a reminder of just how fragile life is, and to not take for granted anything. Regardless, reminder duly noted, and I'm glad she doesn't have cancer. She's only two years old. I plan on her being a part of our family for at LEAST another 10. At least.


From one project onto the next.

Now we are really working on getting our house sold and moving. I can't wait to finally move to the home that I can honestly see raising my family in. After experiencing our first home, we know exactly what things we can and can not compromise on. I hope it doesn't turn into too much of a nightmare.

I'm really hoping that once we're in the new house, we can start actively pursuing adoption again- assuming we're not pregnant by then, which at this point isn't looking very likely anyway. I feel so blessed for everything I have. Jon and I are healthy. We have stable income. He's so close to graduating college. We have a roof over our heads, and soon will have the house we really want for the long haul. We are surrounded by my family, and Jon's parents have BOTH talked about moving up here, too. We've got great friends. Velcro Danes is going so well. But, I'd be lying if I didn't say there's just... something... missing. Something that would make the whole picture complete. I hope 2013 is our year, I really do. But this is the third year in a row we've said that, so who knows!

We have some super fun Summer plans going on this year. Of course the family trip to Lake Powell, and then we're trying to work out a trip to Lake Mead as well... and we have a super fun trip to Disney World planned for after graduation. I. AM. SO. EXCITED. Is it May yet?

And, tomorrow... I'm cutting off all my hair. All of it. Gone. Done.




No comments:

Post a Comment