Wednesday, July 31, 2013

20 Weeks. Half Baked!!

The last two weeks have been the absolute best of this entire pregnancy by a lot. Let me tell you the ways!
First of all.... those eight solid weeks of constant puking and losing 21 lbs seems to be over. I can eat food again. I seriously began to wonder if I was ever going to be able to eat food, or not feel lethargic again. Alas, the light at the end of the tunnel has arrived, and it's wonderful. I get sick SOMETIMES but it's not at all the constant battle it was. I had two "bad days" this week, which means I had FIVE glorious good days. Amazing.
Second of all.... this little man is active as all get out, and every time I feel him move and wiggle, I am so amazed at the whole process. Fascinated by it, really. 40 weeks is not THAT long. (well, OK, so it feels like a lifetime but in the big picture it's not) The fact a whole person can be made in 40 weeks just boggles my mind. Anyway, not only am *I* feeling Chase wiggle and move on a very regular basis, but it's not bold enough movement Jon (and my mom) have been able to feel it too. It's fun to share that with the people I love, it makes it all that much more real.
Third of all... we spent a week at Lake Powell. Lake Powell is pretty much my happy place. Whoever said Disneyland is the happiest place on earth has never spent an afternoon floating in peace, cut away from society and soaking in the scenery and sunshine. I won't go on about that, as I will do a whole Lake Powell post here soon but... it's JUST what I needed. Seriously.
Fourth... we are completely back on track to planning and hoping for the home birth we have wanted. We both feel SO at peace with this decision we made over two years ago. Every little ounce of anxiety I had regarding the prenatal care I was getting at the OB office is gone. It feels fantastic to be back on track. :-)




How far along? 20 weeks! Finally!

How big is baby? According to the tracker, he's about the size of a banana.

Total weight gain/loss: -16. (142) I finally started gaining... I actually gained 3lbs this week while at the lake. I'm amazed at how much my body has changed the last two weeks- but especially the last week. I obviously don't want to keep the pace of 3lbs a week the rest of the pregnancy (oh my goodness... can you imagine?!) but I am happy to see the scales going in the right direction at this point.

Maternity clothes? Not quite. I haven't tried my jeans on since I got home... but yoga pants are still comfy. A lot of my clothes have quite a bit of give anyway, or can be worn lower off my tummy, so even though I do suddenly have a belly, I haven't had to graduate to maternity clothes yet.

Sleep: Still sleeping better than usual and on a more "normal" schedule. I'm loving it!

Best moment the last two weeks: Movement finally being strong enough for Jon to feel it from the outside. I'm so glad I can finally share that part of this experience with him.

Movement: The last week and a half I'm feeling movement very regularly when I lay still. It's the most incredible feeling.

Food cravings: Not really having cravings other than cucumbers, which I swear I could live off of. I'm happy to be home and have access to real, fresh foods again. Now that I have a blender again I'm getting back into the smoothie routine.

Food Aversions: Anything leafy. It's a texture thing, rather than taste. I plan to attempt cooked cabbage tonight though, wish me luck! Also, plain water went down great at the Lake. In that heat an ice cold drink of water is incredible... but now that I'm home, it's back to tummy-churning. 

Gender: Boy. <3

Pregnancy Symptoms: I'm very happy to say that I'm feeling SO. MUCH. BETTER. Nausea still hits me a couple times a day, and I'm still throwing up a few times a week, but that's nothing compared to before. I have gotten quite a bit of my energy back and don't feel so drained all the time thanks to the fact I'm actually getting calories in now.
I do feel a little off emotionally still. Not bad, not depressed just... really anti-social. I don't want to really talk to anyone or be around anyone and it has nothing to do with them, at all. I just enjoy the quiet of being alone or with Jon. I do want Jon around pretty much 150% of the time, which obviously can't happen.
Other than that, I feel pretty good!

Belly Button in or out? In

What I miss: Nothing. I don't miss anything about pre-pregnancy anymore. I'm so excited about this next chapter, I'm living in the now, and looking forward.

What I am looking forward to: Hmm, I can't believe how many of the milestones I've already hit. It's exciting to think about being in the third trimester, the home stretch! That's quite a ways off though.

Upcoming appointments/events: We have a birth forum on Aug 13 to go hear from other people who have used the midwife we picked, and my next appointment is Aug 20. I hope to schedule a full anatomy scan before then since the one at my OB's office fell through due to them being complete idiots. We'll see, though. I'm feeling really at peace with everything right now and not too anxious. Besides, the last thing I really want is some false positive to stress over the next 20 weeks. Whatever is going to happen is going to happen. All I can do is make healthy choices for my body and my baby and go with it.

Milestones: So far: made it through first trimester, had first (and second) ultrasound, and discovered gender, and felt movement, Jon has felt movement from outside, belly popped finally

Bump Picture: 
Progression pic coming soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment