Wednesday, July 3, 2013

16 weeks.

How far along? 16 weeks exactly

How big is baby? Well, according to BabyCenter: "Right now, he's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. "

Total weight gain/loss: -18. (140) Though the weight loss has slowed down the last 5 days, and I haven't lost anything so I'm really hoping that I've turned a corner on that. Even though things don't always stay down, I'm finding my appetite is returning and that's really exciting.

Maternity clothes? All my normal clothes still fit just fine. I don't think I will be needing maternity clothes any time soon.

Sleep: Still enjoying the fact I'm sleeping pretty decent most nights. Also maintaining the most normal sleep schedule I've had in a really long time which is nice. I try not to eat myself up too bad that I'm still requiring nearly 10 hours of sleep a day to feel rested, but the urge to nap in the evening seems to slowly be wearing off.

Best moment the last two weeks: Three words: IT'S A BOY.

Movement: I THINK I maybe felt movement once, I'm not really sure though and it's still a little early. Nothing regularly at all.

Food cravings:  I am really liking fruit right now. Cherries especially, and plums. Also raw peas and of course cucumbers still. I'm back to eating eggs which is nice, they're good energy. Eggs and raw milk are absolute staples. Occasionally I get a bit of a sweet tooth, which isn't normally like me, and I have a little scoop of ice cream at night.

Food Aversions: Still fairly repulsed by anything leafy. It's more a texture thing than anything. (OK, mostly it's the way it clings all over in my mouth coming back up. YUCK) 

Gender: Boy. We're having a boy.

Pregnancy Symptoms: Still just nausea, which also seems to be aggravated by motion sickness. I avoid going anywhere in the car at all costs right now. Also, my boobs hurt. Kind of... a lot. I'm boycotting bras, officially.... I don't really care if the world is offended that I am female, and therefore have breasts fully equipped with nipples. Get. Over. It. Bras hurt!

Belly Button in or out? In

What I miss:Hmm, I miss being able to go out without getting super nervous I'll get sick in public. I honestly don't even care when I get sick at home, it's part of the deal... but throwing up in public is super embarrassing to me.

What I am looking forward to: Hopefully nausea subsiding, and getting a belly.

Upcoming appointments/events: I will go back to my OB on the 23rd, and hopefully be cleared to resume planning a home birth. I'm super hopeful.

Milestones: So far: made it through first trimester, had first (and second) ultrasound, and discovered gender.

Bump Picture: Coming soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment