Monday, April 1, 2013

Family.

I've never been one to be happy about hot weather. I don't like to be hot, and my eyes are sensitive to the sun, frequently giving me headaches. For those reasons, you'll not catch me saying that Summer is my favorite time of year. However. I'm really loving the things that come along with the change in weather.
I couldn't care less about the sunshine, the leaves back on the trees, or the grass turning green again. No, what I'm talking about is all the stuff that comes along with that. Mostly... family.
I love that I have an incredibly close-knit family. In fact, any time I've moved more than a few blocks away it's short lived and I come back wondering why I ever left in the first place. Perhaps I'm lucky that my husband puts up with my family so well... we get together all. the. time. My mom and my siblings are easily my best friends in the world, and I can't fathom not living nearby. Now that it's getting warmer, we kicked off Spring with a good ol' family BBQ at Tanya's house. It was so nice to just have everyone together, and be outside, and just... hang out. All my nieces and nephews ran around playing and having fun.
I will miss the cold, and it's already getting warmer than I'd prefer at night for sleeping... but that's OK. We're just that much closer to BOATING SEASON, so I'll take it. We had dinner together as a family on Saturday and Sunday this week.... and we already have next weekend planned.... as a family. Not only that, but we have a camping trip planned for next month and I'm so excited.
It's not that we're not close as a family during other times of the year. We are. It just seems like Spring/Summertime makes it that much easier to do more stuff together. Lindon pool. BBQ's. Boating. Camping.
OK, I'm officially ready. 

No comments:

Post a Comment