Saturday, April 13, 2013

Unsolicited Advice

Now that the secret is out, I am already getting all that unsolicited advice I heard would be coming. Starting with "You might regret telling people so early."
Well, I've just got one thing to say- I am a learner by nature. I love to research, study, and learn. I'm opinionated because of it, and I don't care much what other people think. Trust me when I say that every little decision we make regarding family planning, pregnancy, birth, and parenting is done so after countless hours of reading, studying, and even praying.
So, before you tell me what we should and should not do, or why our plans won't work out.... save it. Your experience is not my experience. Your thoughts are not my thoughts. Your beliefs are not my beliefs.
I don't need to hear about how you would have died if your OB hadn't been there to save the day.
Or how I'm going to die if I refuse any of the bajillion completely unnecessary prenatal tests.
Or how you tried cloth diapering and it was so much work.
Or how long you think breastfeeding is OK.
Or anything else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment