Wednesday, August 14, 2013

22 weeks!

Twenty-two weeks. Time is crawling along, slowly but surely. Normally I hate having plans on the calendar, I just have such a hard time with having my time scheduled out in advance, but these days I am just happy to put anything on the calendar to give little things to make time go by faster.
We had our official anatomy scan on Monday. I was nervous just because I obviously didn't want to discover anything that might make the next 18-20 weeks full of worry. Luckily everything went really well and he looks great! Despite the fact that *I* am not growing like most pregnant women, Chase is growing strong and healthy just the way he should and measuring right on time for what my estimated due date is. (though my guess is still that he will be 8 days "late" and arrive Dec. 26th) We were also able to confirm that he does not have cleft lip, at all. Not that cleft would be the end of he world, in fact in the broad spectrum of birth defects that's such a minor thing, but since I was born cleft, it is something our babies are at a much higher risk of having than most babies. But should we ever face that, we will deal with it. I may be bias, but I think he has the most adorable nose in the world. It is crazy to me how much bigger he looks now. My last ultrasound was seven weeks ago, and he still looked like he had all kinds of extra space in there. This time, he was all curled up, and had his little legs crossed at the ankles. He's a little person now! I mean, he always was but.... it's just crazy.





How far along? 22 weeks!

How big is baby? Approx 11" long, and 1lb

Total weight gain/loss: -18. (140) I don't know what the heck is going on with my weight. I was positive I'd gained again in the last two weeks. My belly has grown... a lot, I'm eating a ton, I haven't been that sick. I'm not sure why (or HOW) I lost 2lbs again.

Maternity clothes? My jeans fit, but aren't very comfortable if I'm sitting for a long period of time. They work for a trip to the grocery store or something like that though. My yoga pants are still fine though, I either wear them below my belly or just don't fold the waistband down and wear it over my belly- both are comfortable and still look fine.

Sleep: I have been lucky in that this pregnancy insomnia I keep hearing about has stayed away so far. I'm waking up several times to use the restroom, but still falling right back asleep.

Best moment the last two weeks: It's been a fairly uneventful two weeks, other than our anatomy scan we had on Monday. Everything looks great and baby is developing perfectly. Despite MY weight loss, he's growing just the way he should be. I think our bodies are amazing.

Movement: Tons. It's like a never-ending dance party.

Food cravings: Not really craving anything, though I've really been enjoying open-faced cucumber and tomato sandwiches on an english muffin lately. And I can't believe I'm admitting this, but I've actually grown to *like* my herbal pregnancy tea. I don't love the taste, but my body craves it, and I probably drink 48 oz of it a day, at least.

Food Aversions: Anything leafy, still. I'm usually such a salad eater but not now. I've made chunky veggie mixes in place of my usual spinach salad though, just chopping cucumber, tomato, avocado, etc. and eating that instead. 

Gender: Boy. <3


Pregnancy Symptoms: I had several days of serious nausea last week. Unfortunately I was sick for my entire Jackson Hole vacation. I think I'm better now, at least... I feel better the last couple days. I still feel very anti-social and I worry people mistake that for depression. I'm not depressed, I'm quite happy with life right now, I just like to be left alone. I'm not sure why.

Belly Button in or out? In

What I miss: Nothing.

What I am looking forward to: Third trimester!

Upcoming appointments/events: Our next appointment is Aug. 20. I don't think Jon is going to make it to that one (work will let him but I feel like we've asked SO MUCH out of his job lately with our trip to the lake and then all these appointments, since it's not a "big one" I think I might just go it alone this time.

Milestones: So far: made it through first trimester, had first (and second) ultrasound, and discovered gender, and felt movement, Jon has felt movement from outside, belly popped finally, anatomy scan (went well), being able to see movement

Bump Picture: 
Progression pic coming soon

No comments:

Post a Comment