Monday, August 29, 2011

spontaneity...

It's been a few days since I did one of these, so I figured it was time.

I spent this last weekend in Northern Idaho, and had a few realizations that were undeniable. We weren't planning on going out of town for the weekend, it just kind of happened at the last minute, and seemed like a good idea.

1. I don't want to live in town, like I do now. I need space, freedom, fresh air, and so do my dogs. I love my house. In fact, the very idea of leaving it someday makes me sad. This is the first house that I've ever purchased: the setting where Jon and I have been writing this chapter of our lives together. But, I do think it is only a chapter. I see us moving on to better things for us. living a lifestyle that better suits our wants and needs; one that does not involve neighbors.

2. My priorities have been out of whack. I love what I do for a living. It is very important to me and I feel blessed to be able to do something that I love- even if sometimes people really piss me off. But, even so, it is not my whole world. My husband, my dogs, my family, my friends- THAT'S what is really important in life. Time to get back on track and be more fulfilling to my husband and my dog's needs. Today, after focusing on work in the morning, 100% of my attention was on my dogs. I had fun, training, socializing, and just being. No TV, moderate internet usage (while they napped of course) and I didn't even mop my floors today! But, I feel so much more content.I think it is easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle that is every day life. Work, school, obligations, paychecks... they are all realities for most of us, but every now and then, it's so important to regroup and lay out the priorities.

3. I'm lucky. I'm lucky to have such a wonderful husband. I'm lucky to have such an amazing family. I'm  lucky to have such awesome friends. Jon is honestly the best thing that has ever happened to me. So understanding, patient, forgiving, and kind. I love him with every fiber of my being for who he is, what he does, and always will. My family.... I wouldn't even know where to begin. How in the world do I fit into a group of such strong, amazing people I will never know, but I sure do appreciate them. And Jon's family... we don't get to spend nearly enough time with them, but holy cow, I must have hit the jackpot in the family-in-law department. Friends. We have so few friends, but the ones we have.... absolutely irreplaceable. Tarah, Natalie, Jon, Rachel.... just to name a few that stand out so prominently in my mind, such positive driving forces in our lives. We are truly blessed. I hope that these people know what their friendship means to me- to us- and I will certainly do a better job of showing it.

So, after putting a lot of thought into things, Jon and I are toying with the idea of moving to N. Idaho in about 4 years, when he has his masters. I'm excited to see what the future brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment