Wednesday, May 29, 2013


I have to take a moment here and just say... life is beautiful. I have so very much to be thankful for. SO much. I have an incredible family, and what friends I have are so amazing, they might as well be family too. Jon and I have stable jobs that we actually enjoy, and we are right where we want to be at this point in our lives. We are healthy, we are happy. We are blessed.
This week has been a whirlwind of positive experiences and as I sit here, I feel so in awe at how a single path in life can have so many twists and turns before it all comes together and makes sense.
Last week, we got an offer on our house that we accepted. So, neato, this house is under contract. Huge relief, and now we are just hoping that the process goes over smoothly and it all works out. I think it will.
So, then we started house hunting. Last time it was super easy because we weren't necessarily looking for long term, just something for a few years while Jon was in school (not that he's actually done with school, but whatever) that would be no more expensive than what we were paying to rent our apartment. This time we are thinking very long term. It's just different. This is the house that we will raise our family in, build memories in, literally the place my kids will be born. It's just a much bigger decision than last time. I care about more things. I care about the schools (undecided on if my kids will be in public school, but I want that option open anyway) and the neighborhood, and just things that didn't really matter with our starter home.
We went and saw a few an were pretty sure we really liked two of them but then after really thinking about it, there were just a couple things that we worried we might regret compromising on- like adequate dining space for the size family we think we want, and a yard that had a lot of potential but would be an insane amount of work.Ultimately, we ended up back at square one in a market that moves so fast you have to be fast and aggressive to even get an offer in. So, at a loss I had pretty much accepted that our house was simply not listed yet, and that we would have to figure out a plan for the in limbo time that was growing by the day. Our Realtor has been great to work with, and has been patient with our needs, and my inability to be objective when I like what I see. I told him that I'd go see anything that he thought might work for us. I gave him our very short list of what we need, (4 bedrooms, 2+ bathrooms, decent yard, not a dump. Really, quite reasonable) and pretty much removed myself from the search and put it in his hands.
He took us to a home in Pleasant Grove and honestly, we fell in love with it before we even went inside. We were there early and drove around the adorable neighborhood. The more we saw, the more I loved it. Now THIS is a place to raise a family. <3 Once inside, I knew it was perfect for us. The yard will work, the house itself has plenty of space to grow into, it's just perfect for this chapter of our lives. So we called Grandpa Albert to come look at it. Even though we are using a different lender this time, his opinion is incredibly important to me and I don't think I could make a home purchase without his input. He came down, and didn't have a single negative thing to say about the property, inside or out, other than the water softener will be difficult (but not impossible!) to install. He actually said "This is exactly what I was hoping you'd find." So, with that, we made an offer. A fairly aggressive offer that we could financially manage.
It was accepted this morning, and everything is signed. We are officially under contract. If all goes well then this summer I will become a resident of Pleasant Grove, Utah, in the cutest neighborhood of all time, in the best house ever. Not that I'm a fan or anything...

Also, yesterday my fetal doppler came in the mail. I tried once in the afternoon to find the heartbeat and I couldn't, but it is still really early. (11 weeks today, pictures 10 weeks 5 days) Last night after I got out of the shower, Jon wanted to try. I quickly found the woosh woosh of the placenta, and after a few minutes of fishing around, we heard it.... the rapid gallop of a perfectly healthy heartbeat. In the privacy of our own home, just the two of us, we heard our baby's heart for the first time. In that moment my own heart was so overwhelmingly full of love- love for my Heavenly Father who has blessed us with this pregnancy, love for my husband who has stood by my side through some crazy hard trials to get to this point, and an immense amount of love for this baby growing inside me. It is all so real now. Through the "morning sickness" (which has subsided to mostly ONLY night time sickness and I feel pretty great all day now!) and fatigue, it felt more and more real every day, but hearing that heartbeat- that pure indication...proof... that there is LIFE inside me, it doesn't get more real than that.

I'm just so happy. I hope that all goes well and smoothly with moving, that the couple that is buying my house loves it, that our new house passes all the inspections and whatnot, and we can slide on into the next chapter. I can't wait to write it. It will be beautiful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment