Thursday, May 9, 2013

Eight Weeks

Well, I passed another milestone today. Ok, so I'm not sure in what world (other than my own) 8 weeks is a milestone, but it pretty much marks the end of another month so in my book, it counts as a milestone. I'm going with it. It's also the exact one month mark from the day we got our first positive home pregnancy test. Which... for the record is undoubtedly in the running for being the best day of my life up until this point.
It's been a somewhat uneventful month looking back. I have written in my journal a ton. I just bought a new one and I'm pretty sure it won't last two months. If that. I just have been doing so much soul searching and thinking and looking at the world completely differently. I feel like the last 6 months have been hugely progressive in self-discovery and I am really embracing it. I feel like for the first time in a long time... I make no apologies on who I am, what I believe, and what I stand for. It's liberating. I feel like my priorities are clear, and I understand what is truly important to me, and where everything falls on that list.
I've had pretty awful morning sickness. I'm not sure why they even call it that when clearly it lasts all day long. Until about 1-5pm just depending on the day, I have ZERO interest in food. And by zero interest, I mean if I so much as see or smell any food item, I'm running for the nearest puke container. Except, I don't usually actually get sick, usually I just FEEL like I'm going to have have nausea to the point of not being able to focus on or do anything else. Then, it subsides, and for a few hours I want to eat (just about) EVERYTHING. Then right before bed I feel a little queasy. Not terribly bad. I just take it as my que to go to bed, and problem solved. It is so worth it though. I try not to complain because this will pass, and is such a small price to pay. It's the strangest thing because on one hand, I'm kneeling in the bathroom determining if it's coming up or not, feeling like absolute dirt, and on the other, I can't help but smile because it's just so real that this is really finally happening. I keep to myself a lot during the day, partly because I really don't want to complain, and partly because I really am enjoying the quiet alone time in which to reflect on everything that is going on. I'm usually HIGHLY dependent on human interaction, and never want to be alone if there's an alternate option, but I'm finding comfort and peace in the quiet these days. I am SO glad that I'm able to take this time and embrace all that's going on without my schedule obligated to anyone or anything else right now. I'm so thankful for that. I love Ruff House, I do. (well, most of the time.) But this is a time that I am most thankful for my wonderful manager who makes it possible for me to step away and focus on things most important to my heart right now. Life is wonderful.

I copied this questionnaire from the internet, and figured it might be fun to do once a month or so, just for kicks. I mean, not that much is really happening yet, but soon!


How far along? 8 weeks exactly

How big is baby? According to the tracker I downloaded, about the size of a kidney bean.

Total weight gain/loss: -6 so far, but last week I dropped 4 of that during what's been the worst of my nausea. This week hasn't been quite as intense as last, so I'm hopeful.

Maternity clothes? Lol. Not even close. I can't wait to get to that point, but I've got a LONG way to go.

Sleep: YES! Oh I'm actually sleeping better than I have in a long, long time. I'm feeling a bit tired once afternoon hits, but I'm finding that come bedtime when the lights go out, I actually FALL ASLEEP in a reasonable amount of time, and am waking up at much more reasonable hours without an alarm. I am absolutely loving it.

Best moment this week: Hmm, well. Not pregnancy related, but Jon got a job offer at a hospital in Murray so that's neat.

Movement: Not for about 12 more weeks, and I can't wait.

Food cravings: Not really having any intense food cravings at this point. The last couple days I've been on a bit of a PB&J kick, but that's fairly normal even not pregnant... where I just really enjoy them for several days in a row and then don't even think about them for months, so I don't know if that's even pregnancy related. Today Olive Garden sounded really really good, but I don't know that that was a true craving either.
I am enjoying cucumbers on a daily basis... but again, not pregnancy-exclusive because they're one of my absolute favorite foods to begin with so....

Food Aversions: eggs. I haven't tried boiled eggs yet and want to, because I like them.... but over easy eggs that I usually eat on a daily basis and can't get enough of... nope. They smell like urine while cooking and I can't handle it. 
And I don't know if it counts as a food aversion  but I had to switch to a lemon toothpaste, because I was gagging on the minty stuff.

Gender: Obviously way too early, but I have my suspicions.

Pregnancy Symptoms: Nausea regularly, other than that I just feel tired but not miserably so, just enough to really enjoy rest when I can, and be ready for bed at night. I'm not napping during the day. I also do feel a little weepy sometimes, but not terribly.

Belly Button in or out? In

What I miss: Hmm. Well. Energy I guess. The last year we made huge healthy changes that have stuck, so I didn't have any dangerous/ unhealthy habits to give up in the first place.

What I am looking forward to: SO MUCH! To find out what we're having, to finally get out of the first trimester, to start showing, EVERYTHING!

Upcoming appointments/events: First real appointment with my midwife is June 10th, at 12w 5d.

Milestones: completed two months! I'm 1/5 of the way done! that's 20%. woot!

Bump Picture: Um, no bump, but here's the pic. I'm bloated tonight, but that's certainly the only change. Apparently a single kidney bean doesn't change much from the outside. 




2 comments:

  1. Linsey you look awesome! I haven't seen you since I heard the news but Congrats! We are excited for you and Jon! Hopefully you start feeling better in a couple weeks. The second trimester is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linsey, I am so excited for this journey your taking, great outlook on the nausea. I had many food adversions but I luckily never got morning sickness. Keep Listening to your body no matter what anyone tells you, it knows BEST! Love you lots.
    ~t

    ReplyDelete