Friday, May 3, 2013

Going a Little Batty

Lately, I feel like I might be going a little.... well.... nuts.
There's so much going on, with Jon applying for all manner of new jobs, and the house being on the market, and then the fact we still have to find a new house, and then my morning sickness is in absolute full swing. Though, I'm not sure why they even bother calling it morning sichness when it clearly lasts all flippin' day, but I digress.
First of all, every single day I struggle with the fact that ALL I want to do is get out of the house, but every little thing makes me nauseous so I can't, so I'm all sorts of stir crazy. Which, when I spend several hours a day kneeling in front of the toilet, there's plenty of time to think about a lot of things. I don't know if that's a good thing or not.
One thing seriously bothering me is STUFF. How the heck Jon and I have acquired SO. MUCH. STUFF. in the last three and a half years is a serious mystery. Between what we've bought, and random things that have been given to us by family, I feel like we are drowning in STUFF. I want to get rid of all of it. Seriously, I want to move and take nothing with me. Nothing. I want to throw it all away and start from total scratch even if it means having absolutely nothing. That's how annoyed I am with STUFF. I don't know if it's early nesting, the fact we are moving, a mix of the two, or maybe I'm just totally losing my mind, but the more I look through closets and drawers in this house the more I'm convinced that we don't need ANY of it.
I feel a HUGE garage sale coming on. For real. That is, if I can even hang onto this junk that long. I really could go out right now, and load an ENTIRE truck full, take it to DI, and not care at all. That's how badly I want to declutter everything. When we finally do move, which hopefully since we reduced the price on our house won't be too much longer, I actually hope that we have a little more time this time around to move because I want to be able to go through everything and WASH everything before putting it away, and really simplify our lives by getting rid of excess. Seriously, who needs this much junk?

No comments:

Post a Comment