Wednesday, June 5, 2013

12 Weeks

I'm twelve weeks along today. I guess you could say it's yet another milestone in my mind.... I mean, another month passed. Sometimes I wish I hadn't have found out SO early, because time is just barely inching by I swear.
This month has been a little hectic, but as far as the pregnancy is concerned, it's been fairly uneventful. I am having doubts on my initial choice of prenatal care provider, and this week have contacted a different midwife I really want to meet, so hopefully that will happen this week or next week at least. I know, without a shadow of a doubt that I want to stick with a midwife, and press forward with planning a home birth, that's for sure.
I'm still enjoying my alone time during the day. I write in my journal a TON. ~50 pages a week or so. I'm super excited to move in three weeks and pray that it goes smoothly.



How far along? 12 weeks exactly

How big is baby? about the size of a lime, which means I had to examine the limes at the store. We've come a long way from the poppyseed days!

Total weight gain/loss: -11 so far. I'm struggling with my appetite and nausea still, but I try not to get too hung up on numbers and just make the healthiest choices I know how to.

Maternity clothes? Hah... no. Not even close. My size 4 jeans seemed a little bit snug last night, but I think it was just evening bloat because they fit normal this morning.

Sleep: Still sleeping better than I usually do. In fact, I have a pretty normal sleep schedule for the first time in YEARS. I'm going to bed by 1am, and up by 9am, and not even waking up through the night. It's amazing.

Best moment this month: Definitely hearing the heartbeat for the first (and second. and third. and forth) time. Everything is just so real after that.

Movement: Still too early. I can't wait though.

Food cravings: Not so much having cravings. I'm struggling with even having an appetite. Fruit and pure fruit smoothies seem to be my safest bet, plus help with hydration so I have been eating a lot of them. Probably makes my diet higher in sugar than it really SHOULD be but at this point in the game, I'm not gaining weight, having a hard time keeping things down, and really there are worse choices I could make, so no guilt here.

Food Aversions: Salad. Usually I eat one every day but I can't find a leafy green that I can stomach right now. I'm hiding spinach in my smoothies to try to get leafy greens in, but I know I should be getting more. Really, I'm so tired of throwing salad up that the mere thought of eating anything "leafy" makes me gag. Other than that, nothing in particular irks me, but almost everything comes back up. I'm having a REALLY hard time with water, slightly better when I put a little shot of pure pomegranate juice in it, but trying to just eat foods with a lot of moisture (cucumber, watermelon, etc.) to help with hydration, which I know I'm having a hard time with. 

Gender: Obviously too early, but I have my suspicions.

Pregnancy Symptoms: Nausea. A lot of it. Every day

Belly Button in or out? In

What I miss: I miss.... being able to eat without having to consider how miserable it will be coming back up.

What I am looking forward to: getting out of the first trimester, hopefully start "showing" soon, feeling movement, finding out judgement, gosh.... everything.

Upcoming appointments/events: I no longer have an appt. scheduled for the 10th and am considering switching care providers.

Milestones: completed three months! Also heard a healthy heartbeat.

Bump Picture: I really can't wait to start showing, but if I'm being honest with myself, it's not happening yet. Sometimes, particularly in the evenings, I feel like my clothes are a bit more snug, but I know it's just bloat and not baby yet.

1 comment:

  1. ok PHEW !! 12 weeks ! WHOOT ! you made it ! so so incredibly happy for you guys :-)

    ReplyDelete