Wednesday, June 19, 2013

14 weeks: Hello Second Trimester!

Other than one big scare, things with this pregnancy are moving along fairly textbook. I'm THRILLED to officially be in the second trimester, and looking forward to the third. I think I'll do this twice a month this trimester since more things will be happening, and then weekly the third, but we'll see.

How far along? 14 weeks exactly

How big is baby? According to the babycenter tracker, about the size of a lemon! We've come a long way from the poppyseed days. Actually, when I really stop and think about how rapid and complex fetal development is, my brain kind of wants to explode. It's incredible!

Total weight gain/loss: -16. (142) Nausea is still a daily battle, but liquids are staying down much better and I'm keeping hydrated with more ease, so that's good.

Maternity clothes? No change in clothing fit yet, still in my normal jeans comfortably.

Sleep: I'm requiring a lot more sleep than I ever have. Likely because I struggle to get adequate calories and the baby obviously takes what they need, I'm left exhausted. I'm sleeping about 10 hours a day/night. Usually 7-8 hours at night, and a nap a few hours after I wake up in the morning. I sometimes feel sleepy in the early evening but do not allow myself to nap then, partly because it feels excessive, and partly because I want to continue sleeping well at night.

Best moment the last two weeks: Undoubtedly seeing our baby for the first time.... nothing I've experienced in my life even comes close to that level of extreme joy.


Movement: Still too early. I can't wait though.

Food cravings: Still not really having an appetite for much. Watermelon, cucumber, and cottage cheese are staples but wouldn't call them cravings, more like my go-tos. Though last night I absolutely NEEDED a cheeseburger, smothered in BBQ sauce and crispy onion strings. Jon picked one up at Chili's... granted I only ate about 1/4 of it and was stuffed, it hit the spot like no other and was DELICIOUS.

Food Aversions: The only thing that honestly repulses me is salad. I used to eat it every day, but it's so gross coming back up and that's happened so many times... I can't even look at it without gagging. Even just throwing a handful of spinach in the blender with a smoothie grosses me out. I do it.... but anything leafy is just... yuck.  

Gender: Obviously too early, but I have my suspicions.

Pregnancy Symptoms: Just nausea. I'm tired, but it's a side effect from lack of calories because of the dang nausea.  

Belly Button in or out? In

What I miss: I'm so damn happy to be pregnant, honestly... yeah, it would be nice to go out to dinner at a restaurant and not have to map out the quickest route to the bathroom, but it's whatever. It will pass eventually, and be so worth it.

What I am looking forward to: feeling movement, and discovering gender.

Upcoming appointments/events: Well, I am REALLY hoping to transfer to a midwife, but as for right now, I'm labeled high risk until this placenta tear is healed, so until further notice I am under the care of an OB. I will go back on July 23rd for the anatomy scan, and to check the placenta. If that's healed and I'm in the clear, I will go to a midwife after that. We MAY do a 3D Ultrasound July 5 for gender. Oh it's so tempting....

Milestones:Saw the baby for the first time, completed first trimester!

Bump Picture: Not much of a bump picture, but there it is...

No comments:

Post a Comment