Saturday, December 31, 2011

Goodbye, 2011, Hello 2012

As I sit here, and reflect on the last year, I can't help but to feel an overwhelming sense of not only accomplishment, but true gratitude. It's been one heck of a year, that's for sure. Jon and I are so incredibly blessed to be where we're at at this point in our lives.

Be brought in 2011 still living at the apartment on State St. Our house hunting began early in the year, and we found (and fell in love with) our first home.
It's been an adventure, that's for sure. Immediately upon moving in, the basement living room flooded. Then the basement bathroom flooded. Then we tore out all the ugly bushes that for whatever reason people in the 50's thought every house needed.
We've removed two trees. Painted every wall and ceiling in the ground level. Seriously, an oxblood red closet is a bad idea, always. Who does that?! Whoever lived here before us, that's who. And they also liked peach kitchens. Weirdos.

Jon is still working at Wal Mart. We'd be totally lying if we said we totally loved him working nights, but I'm so glad we both have jobs, we simply can't complain. His schooling is trucking right along, in one more year he will have a degree in Forensic (Chemistry or Science, I'm a bad wife and never can remember which one it is) and will hopefully move to a new job while he finishes up on a Pharmacy degree. I'm so thankful for such a hard working husband.

I've had a few changes with work this year. But a lot has stayed the same, too. I love our staff so much. Seriously, I want the girls to just work there FOREVER because it's so much like a second family I don't even like to think about any of them ever moving on! Bleh! Tarah of course moved out of State, which has been an adjustment. I have been so blessed to have not just a business partner, but an honest true friend. She's one of those people that brings only positive to those around her. I love that. Love. Love. Love.

We of course added to the pack this year, quite a bit in preparation of getting Velcro Danes up and working towards producing quality, healthy, sound Great Danes of all beautiful colors they come in. Our first litter will be in Spring 2012 and we are so excited to embark on this adventure with our Danes that we flippin' love so much.

Who knows what all 2012 will bring. I can't even begin to wonder because I had no idea what kinds of blessings were in store for us this time last year. We are o lucky to be happy, healthy, stable, and ever progressing. I hope to never take such things for granted.

Farewell 2011. 2012 is going to be fantastic, it's already been decided.

No comments:

Post a Comment