Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Sandy Eggo

SO, this post is coming way late, but this is the first bit of free time I've had.

Last week, Jon and I were able to take the very first vacation we ever have with just the two of us. We have gone to visit friends or family, and gone to Lake Powell with my family, but never have we left town, just the two of us, for any length of time. Since we've been married almost 2 years now, I think it was about time we left. We would not have been able to even THINK about going on ANY kind of vacation, let alone a whole week if it weren't for Jon's wonderful mother. (pretty sure we owe her our souls at this point) I'm so incredibly thankful that we have such amazing family all across the board.

For a whole week, it was just the two of us. Our own schedule, or no schedule at all. He got to see a little bit of where I spent the first 18 years of my life, but for the most part, we were just together.  It was pretty fantastic.

We went to the Zoo, Sea World, Disneyland, California Adventures, Midevil Times, and Universal Studios. As neat as all those places are, I was just happy to be there with Jon. A whole week, together... who knew it could be so amazing?!

We had a lot of fun taking pictures at various places, and just simply being together. We had a lot of time to talk about our plans for the future, both near and far. We talked about home, dogs, work, school, family... everything. All the things that ordinary life seems to take time away from. I feel like we got to know each other all over again.

But, the week had to come to an end, and back to reality we came. We ended up coming home a day early because we missed the dumb dogs so much. They all got sick while we were gone, so I was eager to get home and make sure they were ok. Everyone got better- but Zailey got worse. Her cough turned into a respiratory infection so now she's miserable on meds. Poor dane. I'm so glad we feed raw so that they are hardly ever sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment