Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Brothers of the Sun

Woot, two posts in the same month! Maybe I am catching back on to this whole blogging thing. I know, I know, I've been pretty terrible at it for the past couple months.
I've been really busy doing the same old same old and lose track of time. Generally we don't do much worth reporting anyway, so....

BUT.

This weekend, we DID do something worth reporting.

First off, I would like to just say that Jon is pretty much the best husband in the whole wide world, which is a good thing because this whole marriage thing we have going on.... well, it's kinda for eternity. Anyway, in case you didn't know, Jon is amazing.
And, perhaps just to how how wonderfully fantastic he is, he actually got me tickets to the Brothers of the Sun tour. Squeeeeeeeee! Nifty VIP/ Sandpit tickets, too. A. Ma. Zing.
But, for some reason unbeknownst to me, being in a big, loud crowd of drunk sweaty bodies listening to music he doesn't even really know just isn't his "thing." Go figure. He's nuts, right? So, I brought someone else with me. Now, lets remember my social life is dead and long since buried, and I pretty much have zero local friends because I'm just THAT cool. So, who did I take to the best concert in the history of all time? My Mom, duh. Because not only do I have the best husband in the world, but my mom is pretty cool, too.
From 3:30pm-11:30pm we stood at the stage, and pretty much rocked out. AND, it was her birthday, so that pretty much makes me the best daughter ever, too. We had a lot of fun, it's already been decided that it's totally NOT a one time thing. 
I wish I had brought the good camera, but oh well. That hand, with the nifty VIP bands, yeah, that's mom. Did I mention how awesome our tickets were?!
Sooo, you know that awkward moment when you realize you and your mom are totally drooling over the same man... followed by that moment you realize that man is WAY closer to your mom's age than yours? That happened several times at this concert, but you know what, when the men in question are Tim McGraw and Kenny Chesney... NO SHAME. 
Oh, did I mention me and Kenny Chesney had a moment? because we did. -sigh- Unfortunately Mom missed it playing nurse to some drunk chick about to pass out, but seriously... never washing my hand again. 


So, there you have it. Best. Weekend. Ever. 




No comments:

Post a Comment