Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Summertime

Summertime is finally here. I can't believe it, 2012 is flying by so fast.

Jon and I kicked off the Summer RIGHT with a boating trip to Lake Mead with Grandma and Grandpa. We had a lot of fun. It was our first trip out with our boat, and Braxton tagged along. It was really nice to get away, because my tailbone surgery got 2012 off to a really rocky start and it felt like a turning point for a more positive time to come, if that makes any sense. It was a quick weekend trip, but still loads of fun. It was really great to get to spend some time with Jon's side of the family, whom we don't get to see nearly as much as we'd like. We really want to go back in August, but we'll see if it happens. Fingers crossed!
Gosh, he's handsome, isn't he?


In other Dane news, we have a litter of 9 beautiful, healthy Great Dane puppies here. Zailey has her first litter on May 23rd, sired by Mousse of course. We are so thrilled with them, and will definitely be pairing these two together again in the future. The puppies are a lot of work, a full time job, really... but I am enjoying it a ton. They are going to be 4 weeks old tomorrow.


SO. Many. Puppies. lol.

Life is pretty much business as usual other than that. I haven't been at Ruff House nearly as much since the puppies arrived, but everything is going really great. 
I've been really awful at updating the blog as often as I used to. I'd like to promise I will do better... but... well, no promises. 

No comments:

Post a Comment