Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Dane News

Zailey officially went into heat this weekend.
That means that we are inching closer and closer to our first litter of Dane babies. I'm excited, and nervous all at the same time. I've been preparing for a long time, and am just about done gathering all my supplies. Grandpa Albert and I have been building a neat whelping box for her, and I hope we get to finish it up this weekend so I can bring it home and let her check it out.
It's always rewarding to have something long anticipated for, meticulously planned, and thought out finally come around. I am hoping that Mousse figured it out when the time comes, and that both are fertile. The last thing this house needs is another infertile female. lol.
She is less than thrilled about being back in her panties when she's inside the house, and isn't thrilled about not having as much freedom as usual. Braxton is confused, I will leave him at that.
So, depending on when we have successful ties, we should have a litter on the ground in the end of May. From heath-tested, and temperamentally sound parents. I absolutely can not wait to see what colors we get.
Mousse x Zailey

No comments:

Post a Comment