Saturday, July 30, 2011

How dumb does a kitten have to be, to show up at the house with 7 BIG dogs?

I'm not sure why these things seem to happen to Jon & I, but last week this itty bitty kitten showed up... in my basement of all places. Note to self: close windows. After several hours of it refusing to leave the property, and meowing at the door, I fed it, and brought it in to post an ad on craigslist, and hung fliers on doors in the neighborhood as well at Scera park.
A week later, no response. -sigh- Stupid kitten, why did you show up here.. of all places? So, I don't have the guts to take it to the shelter. Tried and failed. If anyone wants a kitten, this little lady needs a home! She's probably 8ish weeks old. She does really well with the litter box, and our cats warmed up to her after like two days. She's affectionate, too. Almost too affectionate. She seems to think that she is a parrot, even. A bird cat, haven't you always wanted a bird cat?! Come take her. And speaking of our other cats, do you want them, too?
I'm not sure why these animals must find us. As much as I would love to say I "hate" it, there's something rewarding about pulling an animal off he streets or death row, and finding it the best home ever. I also think that things happen for a reason. No, I know things happen for a reason. However, I am not a cat person. I'm a dog person. Remember that.

No comments:

Post a Comment